Tuesday, October 7, 2014

In the Beginning...

As I put pen to paper (or rather, fingers to keys and color pixels on screens), let me briefly introduce myself. My name is Ethan Tittle, and I am an evangelical Christian residing within the Southern Baptist denomination. I am a staunch defender of truth, wherever it may be found, and I have a voracious appetite for learning. I am a husband, married just over seven years at the time of this posting, married to the wonderful woman in my life, Amy. I am greatly concerned for the world wherein I live, and I wish to make a difference.
I seem to hold beliefs that popular culture deems to be outdated, but I hold these beliefs to be true (otherwise, I would not believe them). I believe in the importance of ideas, and that what one believes affects what a person does.
I love philosophy, theology, history, math, chemistry, physics, etc.... I basically enjoy far more than I should, especially in light of how little time I am allotted. I believe that one's worldview should be comprehensive, touching all aspects of one's life and making sense out of the diversity in the world.
Lastly, I seek to be a faithful witness of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. My hope is that this blog with its postings may serve as an opportunity for myself to articulate my beliefs in a clear, concise, and cogent manner, and that you, the reader, may provide a means of dialogue within this marketplace of ideas. The issues and topics that I touch will be handled in a respectful manner, and any questions or comments that you have, I ask that you write in kind.
I am looking forward to the time and postings to come. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment